Experts reveal the future of social media and the web: From eye implants to virtual reality, here’s what to expect!
- A new report by Fasthosts uncovers what the internet will look like in 2050.
- From immersive VR to implant chips, and green web hosting, leading futurologists reveal all.
The number of social media users worldwide has hit almost 3.8 billion. Social media’s rapid growth has had a significant impact on our daily lives and the way we communicate with each other but with brands as well has radically changed. But, how will the social and internet landscape look in the future?
Fasthosts have teamed up with two leading futurologists to unveil the changes to the digital landscape in the next 30 years!!
From implant chips used to browse social media feeds to the use of Virtual Reality for e-commerce, this study reveals how the internet will eradicate our daily lives in only 30 years time! Find out what’s in store in the next 30 years below:
Social Media: An Eye Implant to View Our Social Media Feed
- It’s apparently only a matter of time before consumers seize control of their own data, brokered by AI agents through personal clouds.
- The next generation of social networkers will be impacted by the acceleration in digital innovation, including the development of hyper-augmented reality and brain-to-computer interfaces.
- By 2050 there will be implants placed over our eyes to access our digital world without the need for a display.
Virtual Reality and Artificial Intelligence: Brain Computer Interface Replaces Virtual Reality
- Virtual reality (VR) and artificial intelligence (AI) will pave the way for a more streamlined online experience, whether for ecommerce, entertainment, or business.
- Thanks to rapid developments in the field of brain-computer interface technology, by 2040 users will be able to send information and commands through mere brain signals.
- By 2050 it’s expected that consumers will be able to plug nanobots directly into the brain for full-immersion virtual reality that directly influences the nervous system.
- We’ll soon see VR developments across a broader spectrum of senses, to simulate smell and taste as current technology does sight.
3D Printing Will Replace Old Ways of Shopping
- The prominence of the 3D printer will continue rising significantly.
- By 2040 all homes will have access to a device, laying the foundations for the DIY economy. A trip to the hardware store will be a thing of the past, in favour of simply ‘printing’ your desired appliance.
You can find the full interview with the futurologists here: https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/blog/the-future-of-the-internet/
Photo by Jakob Owens on Unsplash